Blackr simulates a locked screen like state over any app, and does not stop them from running. Simple and smart design makes it very easy and convenient to use. No internet permission and no ads ever!
App Feature List:
- Keep app running and screen essentially off.
- Run app using notification, floating icon, quick tile or widgets.
- Highly customizable design.
- View date, time, and battery percentage.
- Disable device from sleeping.
- Very small app size and highly efficient.
- No internet permission & no ads!
Runs great on devices like Google Pixel, Nexus, Samsung Galaxy, Note, and more.
It works by showing a black overlay on top of the screen and on modern AMOLED displays this turns off all pixels, effectively turning the screen off.
Please note this is NOT a lockscreen app, It is an overlay, and your phone is not sleeping while this is on. So power reduction is mostly from less screen usage, and helpful to prevent screen burn in.
Primarily developed for turning screen on easily while developing apps, this app can be used in many scenarios like recording long videos, watching videos online for playing music, etc.
It requires the following permissions to function:
* Draw over other apps - in order to draw black screen simulating off screen on AMOLED devices.
* Run at startup - to start the service if the app was running before shutting down.
* Phone State - if a call is incoming, switch off black screen.
* In app purchases - to make donation.
Designed for AMOLED (OLED) screens.
Developed by Nishant Singh.